About The Time Machine
We are a small and dedicated group of local care professionals hoping to bring a new lease of life to older people – and their carers – in the Nottinghamshire area.
The Time Machine provides a safe haven in the heart of the town for those requiring practical or life-enhancing support.
– to provide memorable recreational and therapeutic experiences for anyone who is socially isolated due to illness, frailty or age.
– To enhance and support independent living for as long as possible.
– To assist anyone living with dementia to enjoy life and make sense of their world for as long as possible.
– To assist carers in meaningful
relationships with their loved ones and provide breaks from the stress of caring often when elderly or in poor health themselves.
– To provide theraputic volunteering opportunities to those living with anxiety and depression.
– To assist with the monitoring of frail or housebound seniors living independently in the community who have little or no family support.
– To advocate for anyone on request during ill health such as hospital visiting and escorting to medical appointments etc.
– To assist with the identification, vetting, referencing and training of personal assistants.